For those referred to the Work Programme by Jobcentreplus
It can be difficult to know where to start when looking for work. Norfolk Training Services is one of the largest vocational training and employment solutions providers in Norfolk and have helped over 2,000 people into work since the Work Programme started since June 2011.
With dedicated one-to-one support, our Employment Advisers will support you all the way, helping you to find vacancies; provide you with feedback and ideas on how to perfect your job search. Once you are referred by your local Jobcentre Plus, we will contact you to understand your current circumstances, capabilities and motivators.
Your Work Programme experience will include:
- Two week employability skills workshop
- One-to-one support from a dedicated Employment Advisor
- Work focussed and tailored action plan detailing your journey back to work
- Advice on job-searching, CV writing and interview skills
- Better Off Calculations which show how much better off you can be in employment
- Putting you forward for opportunities we have sourced for you
- Access to computers to help you apply for suitable jobs
- Free Financial Advice from Money Advice Service
- Employability Skills Trainers on hand to develop your understanding of Universal Jobmatch, CV’s and support available if you are receiving ESA or JSA.
Whilst participating in the Work Programme you are expected to :
- Participate in the activities detailed in your Action Plans and the reviews that follow
- Notify us when you start work
- Attend fortnightly on all agreed meetings and arrive on time.
- Let us know in advance if you can’t attend your meeting or a scheduled activity
- Stay in touch – if you find your own job we’d like to work with you and your new employer to help you stay in work
- Register with Universal Jobmatch and be actively seeking work related activity
Our approach to help you achieve your job goals is driven by what you put into it. As a result we will host your journey to reach your goal. We are well placed to provide you with additional training and education and where possible, funding may be available. This will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
We look forward to welcoming you and help you to find suitable employment