Employability and Personal Development qualifications help you to demonstrate that you have the personal skills, qualities and attitudes needed by employers. They will help you to look for, obtain and maintain employment. By developing your skills and confidence, this qualification may also help to progress to further learning.
- Planning for Progression. This includes understanding your own study or training programme, know the facilities and services provided whilst training, be able to recognise personal strengths, be able to action plan for self improvement.
- Career Planning and Making Applications. This includes being able to agree a suitable career path, know where to look for a job, training programme or course, be able to apply for a job, training programme or course, understand the interview process.
- Understanding Business Communication. This includes demonstrating an understanding of communication, understand the advantages and disadvantages of the choice of communication, understand effective communication, demonstrate an understanding of a team and the behaviours within that team.
- Oral Presentation Skills. Be able to source information for and plan a presentation, be able to deliver a structured presentation to an audience, be able to handle questions effectively, understand the strengths and weaknesses of the presentation.
- Understanding Conflict at Work. Be able to know what can cause conflict at work and understand some of the approaches that can be used to prevent it, understand employee rights in the place of work and recognise unacceptable behaviour.
- Coping with Change. Be able to understand why change can happen in a place of work, understand people’s reaction to change and know about the tools/methods that might help them and others cope with change.
- Responsible Work Practice. Understand the importance of motivation in the workplace, understand the importance of punctuality and reliability in the workplace, understand the importance of time management in the workplace.
The course runs two days a week over 10 weeks at our Norwich and Great Yarmouth centres.