- Have the opportunity to gain experience within a work environment
- Experience working as part of a team
The Award will cover the essentials of business administration, allowing you to develop the skills and knowledge required to work in a business environment. You will cover mandatory units and then a choice of optional units within a portfolio of evidence. For this Qualification, you will need to achieve 7 credits.
- Working in business and administration – You will be able to understand the role of an administrator, carry out routine tasks, present yourself positively, organise your work effectively and know the importance of confidentiality.
- Creating business documents – You will know the different types of business documents, the importance of communication styles and produce routine business documents.
- Welcome visitors – You will know the importance to an organisation of welcoming visitors and will do so in a positive way.
- Making and receiving calls – You will know the importance to the organisation of handling calls appropriately and be able to make and receive calls.
- Handling mail – You will know the importance of handling mail efficiently and securely and be able to deal with incoming and outgoing mail.
Optional Units include
- Using office equipment
- Working as part of a group
- Working towards goals
Level 1 Certificate in Business and Administration
The course runs every Friday for 8 weeks at our Norwich Centre from 9.00 am – 4.00 pm