This course is designed to train individuals to uncouple and recouple trailers safely; to manoeuvre vehicles safely around the site; complete a reversing exercise onto a loading bay and a parking area with safety and a reasonable degree of accuracy
Note The course requires the availability of a vehicle of the type to be used in the learners’ normal working.
- Welcome – Introduction to the course.
- Health and Safety - Use of P.P.E. HASAW Act – PUWER
- Introduction to work area and shunter vehicle
- Explanation of vehicle and trailer braking systems
- Procedures for uncoupling and recoupling trailers
- Practice uncoupling and recoupling trailers
- Straight line reversing
- Reversing on to loading bays and parking areas
- Practical tests
- 1 Day (2 basic drivers with limited experience).
- 2 Days (2 drivers with no previous experience)
This course can be tailored to meet company or individual requirements.
- £250.00 plus VAT per day
- Travel costs are charged @ 0.38p per mile.