Stm Packaging Group Ltd - Apprentice Machine Operative
You will be working for the UK’s leading independent polythene packaging manufacturer within a small and friendly team as an apprentice machine operator. As part of this role you will complete the following tasks:
- Setting up and running machines.
- Logging production data.
- Packaging products.
- Carrying out quality checks.
This role will suit candidates with the following attributes:
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- High level of concentration
- Team worker
- Tidy person
- Team worker
- Interest & enthusiasm for machinery
Full training and support will be provided on the above tasks and individual machines. The business runs 5 machines and the successful candidate will learn the required aspects on all of these.
This role is weekday working with no weekends. The company works double day shifts although you will initially work the early 6.00am to 2.30pm but in time would be required to also work on the late shift of 2.00pm to 10.00pm. You will not complete mixed shifts, it would be a week of either one.
Working week: Mon-Fri 6.00am to 2.30pm (Total hours per week: 40.00)
Weekly wage: £180.00
Training to be Provided
- In House Training.
- Nationally Recognised Qualification at Intermediate Level 2 to be completed in PMO through Norfolk Training Services Ltd.
- Functional Skills at Level 1 in English and Maths as well.
- Working towards obtaining a Technical Certificate.
About the Employer
Sefton Transmail are one of the leading UK polythene manufacturers and suppliers of high quality, plain and printed polythene envelopes & packaging products. For over 35 years, the company has delivered excellence in product and service to a wide variety of sectors.