Iceni House - Apprentice Carer (Days)
The beginning of a rewarding career in the care sector. There is much more to this role than you may expect, you duties will cover a range of what happens in a care home. This is a fun, relaxed atmosphere where our aim is to make every day enjoyable for both staff and residents.
Before applying for this role please pay attention to the location of the Care Home and ensure that you are able to attend your place of work.
Your duties will include but are not exclusive to;
- Help residents with mobility and other physical disabilities, including incontinence, help in use and care aids and personal equipment.
- Care for residents who are temporarily sick and needing, for example, minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding etc.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of the residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Make and change beds, tidy rooms. Do light cleaning and empty commodes.
- Set tables and trays, serve meals, feed residents who need help, prepare light meals and wash up, tidy up and clear dining room.
- Answer emergency bells, the door, the telephone and greet visitors.
- Read and write reports, take part in staff and residents meetings and training activities as directed.
- Perform such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Comply with the home guidelines and policies at all times.
- Report to the senior carer or home manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a service user.
- Encourage residents to remain as independent as possible.
- Implement the equal opportunities policy into your daily activities.
- Be familiar with the homes Fire Policy and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure the security of the home is maintained at all times, including identification of any visitors and ensuring they sign in and out of the home.
Working week: Mon-Sun 3 x Shifts 8am – 8pm. Total hours per week: 36.00
Weekly wage: £180
Training to be Provided
In house training as well as a Nationally Recognised Qualification to be completed at Intermediate level in Health and Social Care through Norfolk Training Services Ltd which will include Functional Skills at Level 1 in English and Maths (if required) and various online tests and workbooks in order to obtain a Technical Certificate.
About the Employer
Jack Body Way, Swaffham, PE37 7HJ.
Iceni House, located in the lovely Norfolk market town of Swaffham, was purpose-built in 2008. It was designed to suit a people with a variety of care needs, including those requiring dementia care and those with physical frailties or disabilities. It has 74 rooms, all with ensuite facilities, covering nurse-led residential care and specialist dementia care.It is privately owned by Norfolk Care Homes, who took over the running of the home in January 2015. One of the owners, Dr. Catherine Hatfield, is an NHS Consultant in Old Age Mental Health.
The Care Quality Commission, the independent regulator of health and social care in England, has rated Iceni House as ‘Good’.Durrants are independent estate agents. We sell, manage, and let residential, commercial, agricultural, and holiday properties. Alongside this we also have a range of other professional services that our competitors can’t match, including an in-house architect, chartered surveyors, and auctioneers.