Hollinger Print - Apprentice Print Finisher
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy and successful print business. You will complete a varied role as an Apprentice Print Finisher, which will cover a wide range of different printing equipment and the elements within this. The role could develop to focus more on wide format printing with progression available for the successful candidate to run this area of the business.
As part of the apprenticeship role you will complete the following duties:
- Complete print finishing for booklets, pads and leaflets
- Use of wide format printing machine
- Trimming wide format prints to size and installing into pull up banner housing
- Use of guillotine to trim and cut prints
- Use of booklet print machine
- Use of print folding machine
- Use of creasing machine
- Laminating prints with use of laminator
- Completing wire binding
- Quality checks on completed prints
- Checking goods in and out
- Packaging goods ready for delivery
- General workshop housekeeping
Working week: Mon – Fri, 8.30am-5.00pm, 1 hr break. Total hours per week: 37.50
Weekly wage: £131.25
Training To Be Provided
In house training as well as a Nationally Recognised Qualification at Intermediate Level 2 in Performing Manufacturing Operations, to be completed through Norfolk Training Services Ltd. Complete Functional Skills at level 1 in English, Maths & ICT. Also, will need to complete an online test and workbook to gain your Technical Certificate.
About the Employer
12 Burnet Road, Sweet Briar Road Industriel Estate, Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 2BS
Hollinger Print is an established design and print company. Over the past 30 years we have built an excellent reputation, based on integrity, quality and service. We offer a full design and print service, with both digital and litho technology, enabling us to produce jobs from the smallest quantity, through to medium and high volume print runs, efficiently and cost effectively.