Durrants - Apprentice Secretary
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy and well established independent estate agents. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the current team in Harleston working as an apprentice secretary.
As an Apprentice Secretary, you will be required to complete the following tasks:
- Assist the Chairman’s secretary with diary management and secretarial support of the Chairman
- Assist the Chairman’s secretary with the administration of Block Management rental properties
- Deal with post/telephone enquiries/making appointments as required
- Audio/copy typing including word processing various documents & emails
- Filing of data and files
- Assist with dealing with agricultural rental demands/payments
- If required attend outside farm sales and auction rooms to carry out clerical and admin duties
- Assist with controlling petty cash/banking (client and office)/chasing debtors and updating records
- Assist with franking post and delivering to Post Office
- Communicate & provide information by relevant methods internally and externally
- Operate a variety of standard office machines
- Attend staff training, as required, in-house and externally
- Be aware of and responsible for your personal health and safety
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality and personal appearance in a manner suitable for an ambassador for Durrants
- Be fully aware of all relevant legislation and RICS regulatory requirements
Responsible to: Nikki Reeve, Chairman’s Secretary
Job descriptions are a reflection of the character and work priorities at a given point in time and it will be essential to review duties and responsibility, in consultation with the post holder, from time to time.
Working week: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm, 1 hour lunch break (Total hours per week: 37.50)
Weekly wage: £187.50
Training to be Provided
In house training as well as a Nationally Recognised Qualification at Intermediate Level in Business Administration to be completed through Norfolk Training Services Ltd. You will also complete Functional Skills at level 1 in English, Mathematics & ICT. Further to this you will need to complete an online test and workbook to gain your technical certificate.
About the Employer
22-24 The Thoroughfare
Durrants are independent estate agents. We sell, manage, and let residential, commercial, agricultural, and holiday properties. Alongside this we also have a range of other professional services that our competitors can’t match, including an in-house architect, chartered surveyors, and auctioneers.
Durrants were founded in 1853, the same year that Vincent Van Gogh was born, Charlotte Bronte’s Villette was published, and the first shots were fired in the Crimean War between Russia and the Ottoman Empire. Since then we have not only survived but thrived, expanding and diversifying into our current position
We have offices across the region including Southwold, Diss and London, plus dedicated auction rooms in Beccles specialising in Fine Art. We work mainly in East Anglia, but our services are nationwide.
Most important to us is holding true to the values that have served us so well since the beginning. Durrants is honest and trustworthy, gives friendly, excellent service and has a deep understanding of the industry with a pedigree few can match.
- See more at: http://durrants.com/about/#sthash.jkNd9EZ3.dpuf