Disabled Motoring UK - Apprentice Administrator/Information Officer
This is a first class opportunity to join a dynamic business environment. The successful candidate will be involved in numerous aspects of the company and they will be supported by a robust training programme.
Day to day duties may vary although typical responsibilities will include:
- Assist in maintaining the charity’s membership database.
- Assist with processing donations, fundraising income and membership subscriptions on a daily basis.
- Assist with the preparation and dispatch of monthly renewals and reminders to members.
- Take telephone calls from DMUK members and the general public and handle the call where appropriate or transfer the call to relevant member of staff.
- Assist in the sorting and distribution of daily post, incoming and outgoing.
- Communicate with members by letter, email and telephone as appropriate
- Deal with concessions, benefits and ferry bookings which DMUK provides for its members, by telephone and via the internet.
- Maintain electronic and paper filing systems, in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
- Carry out administrative tasks for the CEO as required.
- Book meeting rooms, accommodation, events, travel tickets, parking as required.
- Provide a confidential and reliable information service to members and other enquiries by a variety of mediums.
- Attend external meetings as required within the UK. This will necessitate some overnight stays away and weekends.
- Attend events with the purpose of promoting DMUK and recruiting new members. This will necessitate some overnight stays away and weekends.
- Take notes and minutes at meetings as required.
- Process orders from the charity online shop, including payment processing, dispatching and after sales.
- Carry out research and marketing activity as directed.
- Update website when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties which are consistant with the post and the aims and objectives of the position.
- There is also a requirement for the successful candidate to assist at events during the summer months which can sometimes be held at weekends.
There is also a requirement for the successful candidate to assist at events during the summer months which can sometimes be held at weekends.
Working week: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm 1 hour lunch break. Total hours per week: 35.00
Wage: £12,000 anually
Training to be Provided
In house training as well as a Nationally Recognised Qualification to be completed at Intermediate level in Business Administration through Norfolk Training Services Ltd which will include Functional Skills at Level 1 in English and Maths (if required) and various online tests and workbooks in order to obtain a Technical Certificate.
About the Employer
Ashwellthorpe Hall, Ashwellthorpe, Norwich, Norfolk, NR15 1EX
Disabled Motoring UK is a campaigning charity for disabled drivers, passengers and Blue Badge holders.