Bartrums Group Ltd - Apprentice in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance
This is a first class opportunity to join a dynamic transport & haulage company. The successful candidate will be involved in numerous aspects of the company and they will be supported by a robust training programme.
- Cleaning of vehicle and machine interiors, exteriors, engines and engine components.
- Examination of vehicle and machine systems.
- Periodic servicing of vehicle and machines.
- Replacement and replenishment of components and units.
- Identification and repair of faults in vehicles, machine components and systems.
- Implementation of diagnostic tests.
- Evaluate information and data interpretation of technical information.
- Correct use of tools and equipment.
- Maintain personal, public, and workplace cleanliness to protect against all hazards to themselves and all others.
- To work within the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Any other work as required by Management, which is commensurate with the responsibilities of the post.
This role will suit candidates with the following attributes:
- Be capable of carrying out instructions accurately and methodically.
- Be able to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of mechanical and or electrical components.
- Can-do Attitude.
- Liaise with professionals.
- Interpersonal skills.
Working week: Monday - Friday 09:00 – 17:00 (Total hours per week: 40.00)
Weekly wage: £140.00
Training to be Provided
In house training as well as a Nationally Recognised Qualification at Intermediate Level to be completed in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance through Norfolk Training Services Ltd, which will include functional skills in English and Maths at level 1 and you will also work towards completing your technical certificate as well as sitting an end test to obtain this certificate.
About the Employer
Langton Green Depot
Airfield Industrial Park
Airfield Industrial Estate
The Bartrum Group is a UK freight company based in Eye, Suffolk, specialising in haulage, warehousing and distribution. The group is comprised of three companies; Bartrums Haulage and Storage, Bartrums Road Services and Trumbar Truck Care.
From our location in the heart of East Anglia,we provide road haulage and warehousing services to a wide range of industries in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex.