C J C Lee Ltd - Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy and successful heavy vehicle maintenance and repair business in the heart of Norfolk. The Mechanics Apprenticeship covers the maintenance and repair of a range of heavy vehicles from agricultural to rigid and articulated vehicles.
The successful candidate will receive on-site training as well as guided tuition at Norfolk Training Services, covering core mechanical activities including, but not limited to:
- Conducting routine maintenance activities
- Removing and replacing heavy vehicle electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing heavy vehicle chassis units and components
- Removing and replacing heavy vehicle transmission units and components
This role will suit candidates with the following attributes:
- Good Communication Skills
- Interest in Mechanics
Working week: Monday - Friday 7am - 4pm, 1 hour lunch
Weekly wage: £136
Training to be provided:
- In house training, as well as a Nationally Recognised Qualification, at Intermediate Level, to be completed in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics through Norfolk Training Services Ltd.
- Functional Skills at Level 1 in English, Maths and ICT.
- As well as this, candidates will work towards completing a Technical Certificate.
About the Employer
Becoming incorporated as a limited company in 1948, the family have been farming in Norfolk since the late nineteenth century. We currently produce a wide range of crops including; Potatoes, Sugar Beet, Carrots, Peas, Wheat, Barley and Rape. Having extensive and expert experience farming in Norfolk, we provide a contract farming service to land owners including ‘Whole Farm Contracts’. We also operate a fleet of one rigid and seven articulated vehicles providing Bulk Agricultural Haulage contracts.